Tuesday, October 6, 2009

2 Weeks Post Op

Well its been 2 weeks today since I had my op, amazing how fast that time has gone. Im at the point of feeling frustrated at the moment. Im still having to sit in this reclined position which makes doing anything really difficult, not suppose to be driving until my bandages are off (which I have snuck out a few times..) and am still having to sponge bath.....Oh what I would give for a long hot shower!!!

Friday I have an appointment with the Surgeon to have these bandages off get my stitches out of my belly button and should get the ok for showering and driving and sitting - whoo hoo.

Apparently the sitting thing has something to do with the flap (as they call it) I think that is the piece of skin they have pulled down and stitched. They said I must sit this way as to prevent the flap from dying???? so Im not sure but it sounded yukky so Im doing as Im told....

Anyway just thought I'd post a pic, not much has changed since the week one photo...

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow you look fantastic, i bet you were happy when you got home and jumped on the scales,too such a big loss of weight at once.You cracked me up about texting that you could see your fanny,Lol,Keep up the good work,Thanks for sharing with us all,i prefer to talk to real people who have had the prodedure done than the doctors who can only tell me how it may turn out by reading a textbook! Cheers Tammy

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're still going well no matter how frustrating it must be! At least you know its only for a short period of time and then you'll be back to normal!

Great pics too - keep them coming.

Good luck with the stiches being removed.

Em :)

wannabthinagain said...

congrats on the TT!
i go back and forth with should i read about this or not! LOL
i go for my consult 11/12! I'm not planning to have surgery until 3/2010 though.

no shower? sponge bath? REALLY? lol i guess i will find out what my surgeon says about that!

anyhow...
you look fabulous! i bet every day the results are better and better!!