Saturday, February 2, 2008

Finally Moving.......

Well since my last post I have come to realise that its me that needs to slow down.....whats that saying "take time to stop and smell the roses" well I think that is what I have realised I need to do. This is just such an emotional journey and sometimes you get so caught up with "loosing weight" you really do forget to stop and look at the big picture and realise what you have already accomplished.

I was feeling really frustrated in my last post, thinking that everything was at a bit of a stand still, I was having problems eating some foods but then not feeling as though I had enough restriction on quantity of others...but I had to stop once again and realise that since I had had all my fill removed and been able to return to the "good old life" that now having more fill put in also means slow down on the eating and chew chew chew as we read everywhere, so why doesnt it register in our brain.

My husband often looks at me eating and says to me why? Why did I eat that when I knew it was going to cause me grief 10 mins later, and I look at him and just shrug my shoulders because he's right, why cant my brain allow me the common sense to say no and stop eating things that I know I cant.
So that has been my week, I have really taken note of what I have been eating BEFORE it goes in my mouth rather than after. I know anyone who may be reading this is thinking.......why would you do that, surely you know what works and what doesnt? But the truth is I dont have an answer for why my brain thinks the way it does....all I know is, nothing can prepare you for what you go through emotionally after banding and everyones journey is so different to the rest.

But since been sensible this week and really taking note, I am finally moving down the scales. This morning I was down to 103kg so I am feeling more confident to start another week........

No comments: