Thursday, February 28, 2008

WOW! 1 year banded already

Well I thought I would do this now, I know my official 1 year anniversary of banding isnt until Saturday but I will be away this weekend and so thought while I'm sitting here motivated to write I will do it.

I'm not sure how I feel about my 1 year anniversary, I think deep down I am a little dissapointed in myself, I know, I know I should be happy and proud of what I have lost already but I think I would have really like to have reached the 50kgs in weighloss by my first anniversary rather than now looking at that for my second!

My Dr says I need more patience and I know he is right, well part of me agrees, the other part just wants this fat to go away.....

As I reflect though on what this year has brought me I am very greatful, for the first time in years I am able to shop in just about any shop without having the look for the "fat section", I now can walk around without ANY pain or breathlessness, and for the first time in years I wore swimmers and swam with my kids at the beach at Christmas and didnt feel like everyone was staring......and I actually joined a gym and enjoy going.....who would have thought hey!

So the past year has seen a lot of life changing things happen to me. It is hard for me to remember the person I was before or really how I became that person!
I hope this next year brings me to my ultimate goal and to see myself in dresses and sleeveless things!

For those of you who have supported me through this very emotional year - I cannot thank you enough, particularly to Tarn, you have been like a sister to me, been my shoulder to cry on, and my pyschologist - I love you and thank you for always being there.
Well enough of the blubbering. Here's to another great year! and the research of plastic surgery!!!! LOL!!!

No comments: