Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lovin Myself Sick

Well Im back and soooo excited by my new look. The whole week was the most amazing experience and I am sooo happy with the results even though I still have swelling.....

Whilst in hospital I kept a diary so I could update my blog on my thoughts and feelings of each day. I wanted not only a record for myself but one for anyone considering having the surgery to know what really to expect. I know we all have different experiences but this is mine....

Tues 22nd Sept
Arrived at the hosp right on 7am - nervous as hell.. my husband trying to be funny on the way to the hosp asks me if Iam a donor!!!!!!!! (now in his brain he was thinking fat and skin donor and wanted to know if I wanted to donate my bullnose verandah for research LOL) but I was thinking OMG do you think Im going to die......hahaha funny now I can look back at it...

Anyway after arriving at the hosp, I said my good byes to the kids and to Ben and went on in to the prep room, to be calmed immediately by the beautiful nurses telling me how lucky I was to be having the hottest anesthetist they had ever seen. Well they wernt wrong (and in a state of pre med and nervousness - I told him didnt I hahaha).

By the time all the admin stuff was done and I changed into a gown they were ready for me... there was no backing out now! Off to theatre I went. I was told the op would take around 4 hours and it was right on 8am as they wheeled me into theatre.

Next thing I remember is being woken by Mr Hotness himself in recovery and looking straight at the clock and it was 2.30pm, apparently I have been told by the nurses that whilst they were trying to wake me, I was shaking my head saying "No No No, I'm Shopping" - how appropriate for me hahaha.
Back to the room we went at 3.30pm in quite a sleepy state. I remember saying to Ben, they must have me drugged real good cause Im not in any pain....

I was hooked up to a PCA, had a catheter in and 4 drains, they were also pumping IV antiobiotics, fluid and panadol through the drip. But I was feeling really comfortable and didnt need the PCA.

No comments: